It is important to discuss the psychological effects of homeschooling as parents go to tremendous measures for their children’s physical and emotional well-being, including changing their educational program entirely. If you’re thinking about using an online homeschool curriculum, this article will take you through the systems that contribute to mental health changes in homeschooled children. Here are a few psychological effects of homeschooling:
- Homeschooling provides a flexible routine
When you homeschool your child, you make your schedule to fit your child’s and family’s needs. Although there is growing evidence of the need for more sleep during adolescence, the traditional school system frequently demands kids to stay up late to complete homework, and get up early to make up for their morning classes. When it comes to scheduling, homeschooling has a lot of advantages:
- Long snoozing is beneficial for emotional and physical well-being and improves focus and work ethic throughout the day.
- Homeschooled youngsters can take as many breaks as they require during the day and are less likely to burn out or establish bad associations with school and learning.
- A flexible routine helps children learn without feeling pressured or compared to other students. They can skip over particular subjects if it is easy for them.
- Flexibility also allows homeschooled children to concentrate on areas of interest. It increases their enthusiasm for learning and provides them with a profound sense of purpose in their education.
- More time for physical activity
Homeschooling means extra time spent outside, field trips, and visits to the playground in between the school day. Even during regular classes, children are free to get up and move whenever they need to, and they can even complete lectures while standing or moving if that is what they prefer. Physical activity is perfect for mental and emotional well-being. Take into account practising lessons in the backyard on weekends or incorporating topics into walks or outings into nature. Allowing youngsters to move whenever and however they need prevents them from being bored and losing focus. Physical health is essential for mental health, and homeschooling incorporates it into daily life.
- Regular tests and assignments are not required
When you homeschool your child, the teaching process is one-on-one rather than one teacher to a class full of youngsters. Homework is integrated with the lecture schedule, and regular test, exam & after-hour study is not required. Homeschooled children enhance their knowledge during class time, and courses are specifically customized to go at the pace of their understanding. Getting rid of traditional homework and testing can considerably lessen children’s stress about school and allow them to spend their leisure time playing and being kids. It allows for more time spent studying and participating in lessons rather than memorizing facts and worrying about grades.
- More space for Child’s special needs & emotional freedom
In a traditional classroom, students feel pressured to keep up or fall behind with current lessons, blend in with the rest of the class, and overall disengage with their particular needs and interests. In a few instances, homeschooling restores emotional and educational freedom:
- Homeschooled children do not have to worry about not fitting in or feeling “fine." They can be authentic in their feelings and express themselves as they are.
- Because of the 1:1 teaching ratio, students can clear their doubts about the lessons. Also, they can repeat a course or devote more time to one subject over another.
- Mental health can be included in the lesson plan and recognized as an essential aspect of education and life.
- Kids can express their specific needs to their teacher/parent without feeling embarrassed or inconveniencing the entire class.
- Avoid Bullying & Peer Pressure
It is one of the mental health reasons that parents choose homeschooling and an online homeschool curriculum. Bullying has to stop at its root, and children should not be dealing with it in their learning environment. Peer pressure is eliminated by homeschooling because children learn primarily on their own and thus are not lost in the crowd. During playtime spent with other homeschoolers and, in small groups, bullying is being observed and dealt with quickly, if at all.
- Personal Growth
Homeschooling helps children escape many drawbacks of traditional schooling, but it also paves the path to go above and beyond these drawbacks. Homeschooling’s flexibility and personalized nature provide children with the space and support they need to develop themselves philosophically, emotionally, and even spiritually. Children spend more time conversing with adults, and there is space in the customized lesson plan to explore issues that allow them to learn more about themselves.
Why is Birla Brainiacs the best homeschooling app in India?
Now that we have discussed the psychological effects of homeschooling, it is important to talk about why Birla Brainiacs have the best homeschooling app in India. We, at Birla Brainiacs, do not believe in the traditional schooling system because we aim at educating children even in remote areas with the help of technology to support young talent to pursue their dreams. We believe in upgrading with time and technology. Not only that, but we also promote all three types of learning methods as Kinesthetic, Auditory and Visual. Birla Brainiacs believes that learning, playing and extracurricular activities go hand in hand, and it is really important to strike a balance between them. Birla Brainiacs is one of the top-notch online learning apps. Check out the homeschooling program and get in touch with us and we’ll arrange a time to give you a call and walk you through the process.